Monday 5 December 2016

Is this the worst eBay packaging you've had?

So every now and then eBay still yields a bargain.  A couple of weeks ago, this was mine.





Now obviously for that price you don't expect perfect.  It was an incomplete set, containing a good number of the Orks and Gretchin (more plastic for my monopose horde), most of the scenery and the Scenarios and Painting Booklets together with the vehicle cards and tokens.  

As early readers of this blog will have seen I already have my own set of this box plus an excellent condition one I paid £10 for on eBay so these bits and pieces were only destined to merge with them.  

Royal Mail duly turned up while I was at work and took it back to their grim sorting office where it lay until last Saturday when my better half went in and collected it.  She messaged me to say it was wrapped "hilariously".  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it certainly wasn't this:

Yes ladies and gents, that is newspaper, that famously tough and hard wearing packaging material.  Coupled with the two small bits of tape holding my address on I suppose I'm lucky I got it at all!

The actual contents look like this, just as well the box wasn't for keeping eh!  

Have you had anything similar?  Have you had worse?  Have you SENT worse?  Do comment below and tell me.





3 comments:

  1. Worst I ever had was someone through a metal, uncatalogued dark elf into a paper letter envelope. The model was mangled, but I'm lucky it arrived at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst packing job I've received was a seller on eBay who sent me a pristine copy of the 1989 Warhammer 40,000 Compendium packed in a manila envelope with the book inside wrapped in to plastic grocery bags. It had to travel thousands of kilometers to reach me and, sadly, it was more than a little bit dinged-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once got what can only be described as paper mache ball wrapped in a newsagent shoppping bag through the post from ebay, it was filled with shredded blue craft paper to 'safely' transport an 80s cave troll. I was and still am completely bemused by the hows and why of the wrapping.

    ReplyDelete